Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wyclef Jean Drops Out of Haiti's Presidential Race

Wyclef Jean has withdrawn his candidacy for Haiti's Presidential election this November.

The 40 year-old musician said in a statement (via CBS News), “After weeks of quiet but painstaking reflection with my wife and daughter, I have chosen to end my bid for the presidency of Haiti. This was not an easy conclusion to reach; but it is one that was thoughtfully made, taking into account many, many competing factors and weighing the course that will best advance the healing of the country and help it find the quickest path to recovery.”

“Though my run for the presidency was cut short, in this way, I feel it was not in vain. It’s something we can use to improve conditions for my Haitian brothers and sisters.”




Related Posts by Categories



blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels


MyBlogLog

About This Blog

http://pointko.blogspot.com

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP